May 17th, 2013 ·
Key Purpose: Transform raw data into information that can enable and influence effective decision making for operational areas and strategic risk management. Finds effective software solutions to technical issues and implement according to spec
-Creating high quality reporting assets and tools which are interactive, intuitive, stable, dynamic, scalable
-Tangible deliverables include:
Cognos Framework Models
Cognos Report Studio 8.3
Create a central access point Business Intelligence and Management Information
End user education on the BI tool created, interpretation of the report and how to access the report
Create and co-ordinate documentation requirements (ie explain plans, test cases, user sign-off, requirements) according to unit standards and company standards
Support and maintenance of BI tools developed
Unit test solutions
Participate in peer review sessions
Collaborate strongly with BA and Architect on technical issues and implementation
-Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Intermediate
-Data Security and Protection Policies Intermediate
-Data Warehouse principles and practises Intermediate
-DAWG (Data Architecture Working Group) Basic
-DH Data Structures Intermediate
-T-SQL, SQL, P-SQL, (Advanced)
-SQL Server (SSRS) (Intermediate)
-MS Excel (Advanced)
-Data Mining (Basic)
-Applying Expertise and Technology
-Knowledge of SDLC
-Writing and Reporting
-Creating and Innovating
-Learning and Researching
-Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
-Following Instructions and Procedures, Presenting and Communicating Information
-National Diploma in IT (BTech)
-Cognos Reporting Services Certification
-Bachelor of Science (Information Systems, Computer Science)
-MS BI Certification
Minimum required experience
-Development in SQL Platform (essential)
-Data Analytics (essential)
-Front End Development (advantageous)
May 10th, 2013 ·
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Is accountable that the test process adequately identifies and tests that the business functional requirements are fulfilled and those defects are resolved. To designs the test plan, test cases and test scenarios based on an analysis of the business specifications. Ensures that the Test Environment is configured correctly, and manages the delegated activities during actual testing and resolution of defects. Actively coaches and teaches peers and Testers, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the Test process and methodologies. In addition to this individual will be responsible for automated regression testing within the Testing Team
Participate in review sessions where the BRS; FRS or User Manuals are discussed. Participate in JAD sessions where requirements are derived. Extract requirements from BRR, FRS, etc. Extract requirements into Mercury Quality Centre. Review requirements with peers/ Test Manager/ Business Analyst. Analyze test requirements using proven test techniques, and document in a Testing Requirements. Provide estimates for completing test cases and execution
Design manual test cases for each test scenario. Design, write and store all test cases in Mercury Quality Centre. Link all test cases to the appropriate requirement(s) in Mercury Quality Centre. Ensure 100% requirements coverage. Prepare for and provide a walkthrough of all test scenarios for project teams that facilitate feedback and the ultimate execution of all test scenarios. Review test scenarios and test cases with the relevant Business Analysts/ peers/ Test Manager. Design manual regression test packs in Mercury Quality Centre. Identify test cases for automation. Identify and communicate test environmental requirements. Identify test data requirements.
Create/Maintain test data. Create/Update data sets.
Test Data requirements must be recorded for test cases during the test case creation process. Source and record correct test data for Test Cases. Provide testers with the information required for them to assist in the test data creation process
Understand and confirm acceptance on responsibilities, deliverables and timelines. Provide scheduling input to the Test Manager. Document the test coverage and produce a test schedule. Communicate the frequency of test deployments. Arrange access to the test environment.
Work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business Owners, Quality Assurance and Developers to co-ordinate test activities. Facilitate execution of test cases in an effective and efficient manner. Ensure adequate controls are established and adequate testing is completed for all new development and enhancements to existing applications. Ensure system testing, integration testing, business/user acceptance testing has been completed as required. Build and maintain a repository of regression test cases using Mercury Quality Centre. Ensure test status results are properly documented and tracked and software defects are reported clearly. Review test results stored in Mercury Quality Centre. Execute test cases and store results on Mercury Quality Centre. Communicate test results to the Senior Test Analyst or Test Manager. Execute manual regression tests, and record/action results.
Generate and maintain defect/bug/error/problem database or reports as needed (Mercury Quality Centre). Review and validate defects logged. Log, Track and Resolve defects on Mercury Quality Centre
Participate in reviewing other team members work. Educate and coach junior resources (Testers)
Convert manual regression test cases into automated scripts. Understand requirements from Test Manager and Test Analyst for automated regression and design scripts that can be used for regression testing. Selected manual test cases must be translated to automated scripts, executed and their results recorded. Maintain automated scripts so that they remain current and can be executed after changes have been manually tested.
SDLC (strong functional knowledge of Systems Engineering). Testing Methodologies. ITIL process awareness.
Quality Centre, Quick Test Professional, SQL, VB Scripting
Business Communication skills (verbal and report writing)
Interpreting business and technical specifications
Root cause analysis
Structured and analytical problem solving. Prioritization, planning and organising.
Technikon diploma in IT/Software Engineering/Computer Science or a University degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering, or 2 or more years of relevant Test Analysts experience in automation. Automated Testing Course with QTP or equivalent
QTP certification / ISTQB qualification in Automation Testing
Experience with regression, usability, sanity and functional testing methods. Experience using Mercury Quality Centre will be an advantage. Scripting with QTP or equivalent Tool is required
Drivers license and independent transport
May 8th, 2013 ·
Client’s ispace is a Business Unit reporting into the company’s CIO function within the Support Segment. The Green Model Financial Warehouse is an operational system dedicated to the collection, transformation and posting of financial transactions from the bank’s customer systems at a granular level, aggregating the results in order to post to the General Ledger.
· Build and maintain the ETL process for the Financial Warehouse from MVS mainframe and other sources, to Sybase IQ Warehouse
· Build and maintain the enrichment processes within the Financial Warehouse on Sybase IQ
· Build and maintain the staging/production of output datasets
· Build and maintain the Financial Warehouse within defined standards
· Interpretation of specifications received (includes data models)
· Maintenance of existing procedures according to change requests
· Development of new procedures according to specifications and change requests
· Testing of own procedures to ensure correctness, efficiency and accuracy
· Testing of interfaces to other systems, if applicable
· Debugging of dataflows, in line with defined financial processes
· Technical support to others on own technology
· Identify and resolve system, technical and data issues
· Analysis and interpretation of data flows and reporting
· Produce high quality systems documentation of new procedures and changes implemented
· Batch monitoring and standby on QA and Production systems
· Self Reliant: Management of own time and delivery of tasks according to deadlines
· Systems Processes: Understand the systems development processes and provide input to enhance current processes
· Project Management: Understand project management practices, principles, and standards and have knowledge of project management tools like MS-Project
· IT capabilities: Computer programming experience and expertise
· Software Technology: Working knowledge of the latest technologies and architecture required for warehouse development
· Data: Understand the underlying data to ensure the accuracy of the application and to resolve any system related problems
· Database: Understand the rules, definitions and best practice around building a data warehouse and related systems
· Documentation: Produces system documentation for new programs and changes to existing programs
· Testing: Responsible for systems and integration testing using test cases before handing the system over for user acceptance testing
· Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Possess imaginative abstract reasoning
· Able to work as part of a team
· Self-reliant and able to work independently
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Able to accept responsibility and accountability
· Capacity to gain a thorough knowledge of the relevant speciality area
· Willing to continuously update personal IT skills and knowledge
· Work under pressure
· Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously
· Deliver according to timelines even if it means working outside of the normal working hours
· BSc in Information Systems or Computer Science; or related qualification
· Working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle within a corporate environment
· More than 5 years experience in a formal development environment
· Willingness to cross-train into Data Warehousing and Financial Systems
· Sybase IQ experience
Financial systems development and/or support
· It is highly desirable that the applicant will have an in-depth knowledge and experience (more than 5 years) in the following tools:
o Sybase IQ
o Procedural / Transactional SQL
o FTP / SFTP
o Large-scale systems integration
· and that the applicant has an awareness or practical knowledge of the following:
o Dimensional Data Warehousing principals (Kimball)
o Relational Database vs Column-based Analytical technologies
o Basic knowledge of Linux OS and file system commands
o Green Model principals and data flow
May 8th, 2013 ·
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Designs codes tests debugs, corrects sections of code programs and produces complex program specifications and implements system enhancements.
Create FPS entries
Implementation of Program
Change and Problem Control
Support Dev, Pre-Prod and Live environment
Provide details & input required for the BA’s & TA’s to follow the STS discipline & processes
The following Technical experience is Essential· Thorough knowledge of one or more application servers (Tomcat, Jboss)· Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.· Detailed knowledge of best practice system designs including design patterns and common architectural frameworks.· Knowledge of the any of the following databases: MySQL., PostgreSQL, DB2, MS SQL Server· Experience in Web Services(SOAP,XML-RPC); JAXB;XSLT;JAVA web technologies such as JSF (2.0)· Sound product development and financial industry knowledge· Deliver on commitments in a timely manner· An ability to see possibilities beyond the obvious. Innovation is a key dimension· The ability to work with minimum supervision & good documentation skills· The ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity and migrate between detail and high level requirements· Knowledge of the Maven build tool· Experience with UML· Experience with configuration management and version control using SVN· Experience in Integration / middle tier integration tools (JCAPS, Websphere MQ, JBossESB)· Knowledge of Test Drive Development· Knowledge of the Spring framework, JPA, AOP, Hibernate and HibernateQL.· Experience working in a Linux environment· Creation, maintenance and decommissioning of environments· Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools such as HUDSON
Qualification & Experience:
May 8th, 2013 ·
Focus: The incumbent of this position will be required to: Analyse, document and update business requirements for products processes, procedures and/or systems
The incumbent is responsible for the following deliverables:
Assessing, analysing, optimising end-to end business processes that are signed off by the business
Documenting business process requirements through research, interviews or facilitation sessions
Assessing current business processes, procedures and business rules
In conjunction with business partners, designing and mapping new and existing business processes
Ensuring that process maps are according to design principles and methodology
Communications to key stakeholders and the required stakeholder sign off has been obtained.
Providing information which contributes to building training manuals/material
Interacting and maintaining good relationships with business stakeholders (business users, change management resources, PMO, developers, testing and training teams)
Providing guidance and support to team members
Perform a quality assurance role with colleagues
Escalating issues so that delivery timeframes are not compromised
Ensure that process changes are measured so that unit cost calculations and turnaround times are accurate (Time standards calculated)
Continuously identify opportunities to improve the process
Provide content in order to get the operating procedures updated.(Golden Rules)
Updating standard Operating Procedures with requisite changes
Manage business projects
- Related experience
- High level of computer literacy
May 8th, 2013 ·
Write “code” to maintain, enhance or create new systems in line with business requirements and priorities. Test any code that you have developed prior to submitting for transposing.
· .NET development (VB.NET or C#)
· Technical expert in application systems analysis and programming using either C# or VB.NET. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems.
· OO Design principles
· Relational Databases (SQL Server)
· Web Technologies (Web Applications, ASP.NET, Web Services, XML, WCF)
· Consult with clients and Business Analysts to understand their needs in order to determine and effect systems changes.
· Build client relationships. Assist business in achieving their business goals through projects and work requests.
· Assist in managing the production environment to ensure a stable environment to the business. Support clients during the end user testing phase of implementation. Respond to client queries when required.
· Demonstrate an understanding of emerging computerized information and communication systems and technology as well as the implementation of such a computer system.
· Contribute to own development and performance management process.
· Respond to junior programmer queries when required.
· Participate in groups & teams to gather ideas and information / to make decisions / to recommend solutions for problems.
· Keep administration up to date and provide reports in order to keep management informed of work status.
· Meeting of deadlines and required prioritising of tasks. Produce and keep relevant documentation up to date.
· Ensure effective version control of programmes, Maintain records of errors post transposition and report on them.
ROLES IDENTIFIED BASED ON OUTPUTS OF HE JOB:
· Problem Solver
· Client Services
· Team Player
· Business Enabler
· Relationship Builder
· Operational Support
· System Administrator Analyst
QUALIFACTIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Matric + National Diploma / Degree ( IT)
· BSC Computer Science
· 4 + years related experience ( .NET , SQL Server)
· Life Assurance and/or Financial Industry experience ( advantageous)
· Standby and perform and implement after hours change requests
· Standard NedBank requirements
· Standard ( could require overtime)
· As and when required to perform duties.
· Exergy ( Insurance package , advantageous)
Commitment: The ability to align your behaviour with the needs, priorities and goals of the organisation through dedication and tenacity
Integrity: The ability to promote and maintain high ethical standards both personally and professionally and interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organisation.
Client Service: Taking responsibility for client satisfaction and loyalty by effectively meeting specific client needs and developing and maintaining productive client relationships.
Communication: The ability to listen to and to verbally and in writing express ideas or facts in a manner which is transparent, consistent, fluent, with conviction and holds the attention of the audience both in a group and individually. Adjust language and terminology to the profile and the needs of the listener(s).
Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
Team work: The ability to work co-operatively with others, to be a member of a team and work towards the purpose of a common goal
Problem Solving: The ability to thoroughly and accurately identify and define a problem with a view to select the most appropriate course of action once alternatives have been generated and assessed in terms of practicality, effectiveness and implications.
Attention to Detail: The ability to perceive correctly and in visual detail; to notice and remember visual details
Analytical Thinking: The ability to identify and interpret relevant information by using logic to see cause and affect relationships.
May 3rd, 2013 ·
1. Provide recommendations and cost / man-day estimates for implementing changes
2. Maintain existing systems according to change requests
3. Produce appropriate software programs that satisfy the specifications
4. Test own programs / artifacts to ensure correctness
5. Debugging of programs
6. Provide test information to Testers
7. Provide progress to the project manager / team lead
8. Assist with the implementation of changes into the Production environment
9. Document changes implemented and programs
10. Problem solving, root cause analysis and user assistance (functional)
11. Technical support / assistance to others on own programs / systems
12. Mentorship of junior team members
13. Quality Assurance of junior team members code
14. Provide standby / support (if and when applicable)
15. System application / performance benchmarking information
16. Implement updates / releases of 3rd party software packages
17. Execution of disaster recovery processes
· Grade 12
· An Appropriate IT Degree or Diploma will be a strong recommendation
· Minimum of 3 years experience within application development
· Experience in System Analysis (advantageous)
· Policy/Financial products knowledge (advantageous)
· Java Standard Edition-J2SE (Version 1.5+)
· Java Enterprise Edition (Version 5+)
· EJB 3, Servlets, JSPs and Web Services Development
· Any other JEE Application Server
· Database Skills and SQL
· JEE Application Server (WebSphere)
· Tooling (RAD)
· JEE Application Frameworks (Spring)
· IBM AIX or Unix Skills
· Understanding of the SDLC Methodology
· Relevant program languages
· Problem Analysis and Problem Solving Techniques
· Impact Analysis Techniques
· Documentation Frameworks, Tools and Standards
· Understanding of Project Management Principles
· Understanding the Deployment Process in the Development Phase
· Strong analytical numerical ability
· Problem solving skills
· Conceptual thinker
· Good communication / interpersonal skills
· Action / results orientation
· Quality orientation
May 3rd, 2013 ·
Ensure the production of Contractual and Business required reports on daily, weekly and Monthly basis.
Ensure newly requested reports are handled in the prescribed manner and that timeous generation of these are done.
Ensure publishing of data and reports in any form and on any platform are of a world class standard and quality
Defining the information and controls that are needed to optimize business operations for the organisation.
Communicating all inputs, changes and feedback to the Business Intelligence team.
Ensuring team produce quality inspected, relevant reports and information from the data being analysed by the team.
Analysing information produced by team & BI Support and liaises with process leaders across Business to optimize and define their processes based on that information.
Ensuring the Integration and consolidation of entity reports as well as the organisational report as a whole, including relevant analysis
Effective management of staff to ensure deliverables are met.
Driving business optimization within own team and department.
Ensure team is able to use data to identify gaps, challenges and risks across the organisation and in doing so, identify enhancements/service improvements to reduce costs and drive efficiencies within the organisation.
Customer Service Management:
Manage online engagement, individual and team conduct to ensure excellence in customer service to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
Assess customer satisfaction and requirements relevant to the contractual framework to ensure functionality and growth in accordance with strategies, systems and processes.
Manage and resolve customer complaints.
Measure success factors for excellence in customer service.
Ensure legal and governance compliance measure relevant per environment.
Relevant undergraduate degree in Information Science
Proficiency in Excel as an analysis tool,
BI Architecture & Database Management Certificate
2 years’ experience in related reporting.
1 year experience using Oracle PL/SQL.
1 year business analytics experience.
Project management experience.
Staff management experience.
Nature of Impact
Area of Impact
May 2nd, 2013 ·
Admin and Technical Support Queries - Attend to all solve direct administrative and technical requests.
Asset Management -Maintain the departmental assets.
Communication - Communicate issues and problems timeously to manager and assist in improving Systems Service operations
Reporting - Ensure that all required reports are done and sent to the requestors and all required parties. Ensure that technical checklists are completed.
People Management - Contribute to a conducive working environment through personal, internal and external business conduct that supports organisational values. Adhere to the legislative framework that defines Human Resources’ strategies, policies, procedures, processes and documentation.
Financial Management - Follow financial and procurement processes. Apply cost saving practices without compromising quality or service delivery.
Customer Service Management - Resolve customer complaints and queries. Ensure legal and governance compliance measurements relevant per environment.
Nature of impact
Area of impact
May 2nd, 2013 ·
Corporate Systems Management:
· Implementation and maintenance of the Operations Maintenance Plan for the organisation Corporate and all supporting policies, procedures and work instructions. Monitoring and reporting on compliance to these documented protocols to ensure contractual objectives are achieved
· Facilitate the alignment between the ICT Solution and the business requirements of the organisation by defining an ICT Strategic Roadmap with the portfolio of ICT services.
· Facilitate the implementation of the ICT Strategic Roadmap by providing sufficient capacity, availability, security, continuity and risk compliance
· Implement organisations Corporate Information Management Requirements and manage a ICT Solution to provide in the approved requirements
· Manage the implementation and management of the organisations Corporate ICT infrastructure and solutions
· Manage compliances with business governance by following approved processes and business rules
· Establish a reporting mechanism to keep MANCO, Legal and other stakeholders updated on performance indicators
· Establish and maintain information of current work delivered as well as change request and ad-hoc projects
· Contribution to compilation and submission of monthly Board reports for the Corporate Systems
· Contribution to the compilation, submission and review of monthly GORT for discussion with Employer Representatives
· Compilation and submission of ad hoc progress reports as formally requested through the GORT Contractual process or arising out of general Risk Assessment
· Compilation and submission of regular reports to the Management Committee
· Monitoring compliance to organisational policy and procedures and adherence to all statutory and regulatory requirements prescribed for overall corporate governance
· Jointly identify, facilitate and manage an Information Security Risk Register that documents, evaluates and track all information security risks and feeds into the Organisational Risk Register
Stakeholder Management - Managing the relationships with all internal and external Stakeholders as per contractual requirements / SLA’s
Information Security Risk Management - Jointly identify, facilitate and manage an Information Security Risk Register that documents, evaluates and track all information security risks and feeds into the Organisational Risk Register
· Create a working environment that is conducive through managing and instilling behaviour supporting the organisational values.
· Consult with Human Resources to ensure alignment in planned and new activities / interventions with respect to human resources, organisational development, education, training, development and industrial relations.
Cost and Resource Management - Identification and management of all related operational costs in accordance with financial processes, prescribed schedule of payments, procurement and subcontractor management policies and procedures.
Customer service Management:
Identification, analysis, and facilitation of service delivery in a timely and efficient manner
Understand and apply the BathoPele principles to the delivery of the department’s services
Nature of Impact
Area of Impact
Area of Impact
Nature of Impact
· Matric (Grade 12)
· Relevant undergraduate degree / diploma / certificate
· B.Com Informatics
· 5 years’ experience in ICT business and infrastructure management
· Proven Stakeholder Management experience
· Proven Stakeholder Management experience
· Hands on project management focus